8 Day Wild Tasmania - Hobart, Currawong Lakes and Freycinet
8 Day Wild Tasmania – Hobart, Currawong Lakes and Freycinet
Experience Australia's true wilderness while breathing in the world's cleanest air alongside an abundance of native animals such as wallabies, wombats, little penguins and platypus. Your Tasmanian journey will include the capital Hobart, the breathtaking Currawong Lakes in your Lake House and your own one bedroom cabin at Freycinet Lodge. At Currawong Lakes maybe try your hand at fly fishing or just sit back and enjoy the breathtaking setting. The expansive deck is perched on your secluded lake, alive with wild trout and bird life. Your Lake House includes a gourmet kitchen, BBQ, wood-fired pizza oven, two generous bathrooms and lake views from every bedroom.
- 4 nights in Hobart at Rydges Hobart in a Manor King room including full breakfast
- 2 nights in Lake Leake at Currawong Lakes Tasmania in a three bedroom Lake House
- 2 nights in Coles Bay at Freycinet Lodge in one room cabin
- 8 Day Rental Car with Avis Australia (Automatic Sedan)
- Paddle with the Platypus Kayak Adventure
- Travel downstream by kayak through active platypus feeding pools along the picturesque River Derwent. Retrace the platypus’s 100 million year evolution, discover why & how they thrive on a ‘hidden’ stretch of the River Derwent and gain many opportunities to observe wild platypus transform from shy to playful in their Tasmanian habitat. Sit back and enjoy the soft currents of the river, passing through private farmlands before pause en route to enjoy a locally chef-prepared tasting platter showcasing award-winning and often hand-picked fresh produce.
- Full Day Maria Island Tour
- Just one hour's drive from Hobart to the Ferry and 45 minutes across the water, brings us to Maria Island – a stunning island National Park. It is rich in local wildlife, amazing scenery and world heritage convict history. Enjoy a series of moderate walks exploring the beautiful Painted Cliffs, the dramatic Fossil Cliffs and the remarkable Darlington World Heritage convict site. With no cars on the island the area is peaceful, beautiful, the pace is slow and relaxed, and the beaches are perfect for summer swimming.
- Bicheno Penguin Tour
- A guided walking tour through the natural habitat of the little blue penguin. Tours take place in the evenings after dusk. See the penguins coming home from the sea to their nest sites. The guide will give a commentary which encompasses the life cycle and other interesting facts on the penguins.
- Wineglass Bay Vista Lounge
- Experience the exquisite beauty of Wineglass Bay on the Freycinet Peninsula aboard the Schouten Passage 11, on the 4.5 hour eco-cruise with award-winning Wineglass Bay Cruises. The Vista Lounge boasts floor-to-ceiling windows, comfortable indoor and spacious outdoor viewing decks. The journey is spectacular, you will experience stunning scenery, including sheer granite cliffs,abundant wildlife and a rare, intimate perspective of one of Tasmanian's most extraordinary places. At anchor you will be served a Tasmanian seasonal grazing platter.
- Qantas Vacations After Hours Travel Assistance
Optional Experience – Fly Fishing Tuition at Currawong Lakes from $150 per person
Price is for a three hour session of tuition and fishing. Two people maximum per session. All gear supplied including waders and our quality Orvis rods and reels. Please note that fly casting is very different and much more technical than normal fishing.