Natural Wonders of Iceland - Preview 2022
Natural Wonders Of Iceland – Classic Group, 2022
Experience a world of natural phenomena: gushing waterfalls, volcanoes and stunning landscapes at every turn. The overwhelming beauty of this country will ensure you will want to return again and again.
- Reykjavik: This evening, delight in a delicious Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant where you round off your journey through one of the world’s most naturally beautiful places.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner (D), 1 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Reykjavik: Choose between a visit to Iceland’s world-famous Blue Lagoon or alternatively, discover Reykjavik’s top sights on a walking tour with your Local Expert.
Make Travel Matter
- Hellisheiði: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station in Hellisheidi, the second largest of its kind in the world. During this Make Travel Matter experience learn why Hellisheidavirkjun is a world leader in the utilisation of geothermal energy.Hellisheidavirkjun Power Plant, advances SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy. The Power Plant has helped Iceland achieve 70% of the country’s energy consumption through renewable energy sources.
Top Rated Highlights
- Gullfoss: The spectacular two-tiered waterfall, the Icelandic equivalent of Niagara falls, drops a total of 32 metres, while spanning the entire width of the Hvítá River.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the scenery like nowhere else in the world, as you travel along the south and east coasts, through the scenic mountain pass of Almannaskard and the Mödrudal Desert, past Hvammstangi, along the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and into the Snæfellsjökull National Park.
- Skogafoss: Admire the majestic beauty of these two impressive waterfalls.
- Vik: Enjoy an orientation of Vik, Iceland’s seafront village home to black pebble beaches and offshore rock formations.
- Skaftafell: Visit the amazing alpine setting of the National Park and experience the might of Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest glacier.
- Lake Jokulsarlon: See the setting for the James Bond film ‘Die Another Day’.
- Hofn: Your Travel Director takes you on a short orientation through this seaside village.
- Egilsstadir: Visit this lakeside town.
- Dettifoss: Visit the most powerful waterfall in Europe and see the Godafoss, known as The Waterfall of the Gods.
- Lake Myvatn: Traverse spectacular landscapes of craters, boiling mud pots and geothermal hot springs shooting jets of hot water and steam into the air, at this renowned bird-watching site.
- Akureyri: Your Travel Director will provide an orientation of the capital of northern Iceland, established in 1602.
- Borgarnes: Enjoy an orientation of Borganes, located on a peninsula at the shore of Borgarfjörður coastal region.
- Snaefellsjokull National Park: Enjoy a fascinating exploration of this magnificent park, home to lava formations, waterfalls and the most famous volcano in Iceland.
- Thingvellir: The Parliamentary Plains are the most important historic site in the country, as the meeting place of the Althing, the world’s oldest parliament that was founded in A.D. 930.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
The Smoky Bay of Reykjavík
Hot Springs and Waterfalls to Vík
By Glaciers and Icebergs to Höfn
Eastern Fjords to Egilsstaðir
By Desert, Lakes and Divine Waterfalls to Akureyri
From the Capital of the North to Borgarnes
Exploring Snæfellsjökull National Park
Thingvellir, Blue Lagoon and on to Reykjavík